Fang

SOMA

I came here with a bunch of asian work colleagues to celebrate Chinese New Year.  This was a relatively new place on Howard St., interestingly situated right next to an "entertainement establishment".  Opened by Peter Fang, the same owner of the House of Nanking.  Modern atmostphere with a twist in its ingredients.

Maybe it was because I was there with 2 of my partners from my firm, Peter Fang personally came out to wait on our table.  As we were all busy looking at the menu and  he asked us if we had any food allergies. We said no and he asked - "if you trust me, I'll serve you."  So we let him design our courses.


 






 generally innovative and quite different from the usual chinese place.
Food: ★★★☆☆
Service: ★★★☆☆
Ambiance: ★★★☆☆
Presentation: ★★★☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment