ZaZang

Santa Clara, CA

A very authentic Korean noodle house that's well known for their black bean noodles.  There are other outlets in the bay area including one in San Francisco that I often patronize when I was living in the neighborhood. 


I was once told by my Korean friend that on Valentine's day the single Korean men will go and eat a bowl of Za Zang Myun to honor their bachelorhood.  


Left:  Za Zang Myun  (짜장면)
Homemade noodles in black bean sauce with ground pork and vegetables

Right:  Zam Pong (짬봉)
Homemade noodels with shrimp, squid, clam, and vegetables in spicy beef broth soup


The texture of the noodles were incredibly chewy.  I love it. 



This is comfort food to me.  Service was spotty as there's only one lady attending the whole restaurant. 

Food: ★★★★☆
Service: ★★☆☆☆
Ambiance: ★★☆☆☆
Presentation: ★★☆☆☆














No comments:

Post a Comment