Everyday Beijing

Everyday Beijing
San Mateo, CA


This hole in the wall restaurant is situated in a quieter part of San Mateo downtown.  We decided to try it after a colleague from China mainland told us about it. 



Marinated slow-cooked pork


Cold dish - garlicky. Tasteful. 

~



Beijing Bean Sauce Noodle


A DIY mix before consumption.  A bit on the salty side.  Perhaps the sauce is a bit strong for our taste buds. 
~





Meat buns


Nicely cooked. Chewy crispy shell with a scrumptious juicy filling. 
Service on the other hand was average until I asked for the cheque.  The total bill was $23.80 and I didn't have small notes so I decided to give $30 and wait for the change to tip them.  After waiting for about 15 mins for my change with no response from the owner, I decided to go up to the cashier myself to ask for change.  She then questioned the amount I paid, I told her $30 and subsequently she gave me the change but in a $5 note along with some coins.  I wasn't sure how I was going to tip her, not a 5 dollar tip for sure.  In the end, I had to rummage all our pockets to find smaller notes for tip.    





Food: ★★★☆☆
Service: ★★☆☆☆
Ambiance: ★★☆☆☆
Presentation: ★★☆☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment